Melanie E. Grimes is recognized by the Texas Mediator Credentialing Association as a “Credentialed Distinguished Mediator,” the highest credentialing designation in Texas. In 2018, Ms. Grimes received the Susanne C. Adams Award from the Texas Association of Mediators. This award is given annually to a mediator who has performed “exceptional and outstanding efforts in promoting or furthering the use of mediation in Texas.” Additionally, Ms. Grimes was recognized with the Louis Weber Award for “Outstanding Mediator of the Year” for her work as a volunteer mediator.
Ms. Grimes’ mediation experience includes more than 1000 mediations enhanced by more than 500 hours of mediation training. Utilizing skills strengthened in her 15 years in senior- and executive-level corporate management and through an ongoing focus on personal development, Ms. Grimes offers a unique blend of talents—confidence, compassion, keen listening, ideas and more ideas, problem solving, masterful negotiation.
- Master of Liberal Arts, Southern Methodist University
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Baylor University
Mediation Training Highlights
- Mediation & Dispute Resolution, under John Wade of Bond University, Queensland, Australia
- Advanced Mediation, under John Wade of Bond University, Queensland, Australia
- Domestic Relations & Dispute Resolution, under Nina Meierding of Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
- Advanced Family Law Courses, State Bar of Texas
- Texas Family Law Course
- TDPRS/Child Protective Services Mediation Certification
- Court Procedures for Mediators
- Advanced Family Mediation Trainings
- Texas Association of Mediators, Board of Directors
- Texas Mediator Credentialing Association, Credentialed Distinguished Mediator, and Chair, Board of Directors